If you or anyone you know are in a suicidal crisis or in emotional distress please call
the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK or text Home to 741-741.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK | 24/7 confidential support for people who are struggling with suicide ideation.
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 | 24/7 confidential support through text messages for people who are struggling with their mental health.
- National NAMI Helpline: 1-800-950-NAMI | Find out what services and supportive resources are in your community for mental health.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP | 24/7 treatment referral and information service for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
- Connections: Peer support for suicide attempt survivors and those with suicidal thoughts.
- Grace Alliance: Faith-based mental health curriculum.
San Luis Obispo County Resources:
- Central Coast Hotline: 1-800-783-0607 | 24/7 Mental health guidance, crises and suicide prevention hotline.
- Behavioral Health Department: 1-800-838-1381 | Call to talk about mental health or drug and alcohol services.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) SLO County: 1-805-236-1007 | Mental health family support groups.
- Cal Poly Counseling Services: 1-805-756-2511 | Free counseling services for enrolled Cal Poly students.